Tuesday 20 March 2012

Hi guys
 Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Fab weather, actually managed to hang the washing outside for the first time this year. Even better it actually dried.

Thought I'd share a card that Jeana, one of the lovely ladies in the class sent to me, (along with a bag of chocolate buttons and one of the nicest letters).




Jeana wanted me to know how much she enjoyed coming to my classes and how much she had learned. Although it is not so easy to see from my poor photos, the pop up card has been beautifully folded and decoupaged.

The new class list has been emailed and already the Tim Holtz Artful Flight class has sold out. This is the first of the new Sunday afternoon workshops designed for crafters who want to expand their skills and dabble with more ink, paint, and metal techniques. You know all that really messy stuff that I like so much.

The first of the usual classes is an easel box card, using the Hobby House range of decoupage images, embellishments, Echo Park papers (some of my favourites) and Spellbinders dies. I think that they look so cute, and once you get the hang of it you can increase or decrease the size of the box to make it hold CD's or even DVD's. The drawer in this design is great for holding little gifts eg gift cards, jewellery, tickets or even chocolate buttons!! It was a little bit of a departure for me as I don't usually cute/flowery/glittery, but I do like them. So hope to see you there.




You know how easily amused I am, well I cam across this photo in an E-mail that Ruth sent to me.


Hee Hee

I know I was looking forward to my new Distress Pens for Mothers day, but since they hadn't arrived I did a quick u-turn. After speaking to Bonnie Mackintosh at the SECC, I decided that I still wanted a kiln, so Mr Perfect has been scouring the Internet for one. So watch this space.

Anyhoo, needs must and Tesco and Sproglet collection is calling. Once they arrive home it is impossible to get anywhere near the computer until homework is done!! Whatever happened to books, pencils and paper.

Big hugs
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free counters