Tuesday 13 March 2012

Up and coming

Gosh. has it really been a fortnight since my last posting. I really must be getting old, the days are passing by on roller skates. In my defence I was busy.
 Honestly.

 The first week was taken up by working out the new classes at Craftworld. Gaynor and I have designed 5 new classes for the coming weeks. Two of the classes will be held on Sunday afternoons. I mentioned doing some altered art and metal projects last year and the good news is that they are finally here. The first is a Tim Holtz type project and the second is an inky, painty metal frame. The 3 remaining classes will feature Hobby House, Molly Blooms and Crafters Workshop Stencils.

Week 2 was the SECC. It's hard work but great fun. Meeting old friends, learning new techniques and spending money on crafty goodies. Can't think of a better way to spend a few days. A big thanks to all of you who stopped by the stand to say hello.

Michael and I on the stand

One of my heroes, the very talented Karen Lines

The equally talented Kevin aka "Mr Lavinia"




I really enjoyed the enamelling class with Bonnie. So much so I think that I am definitely going to get a small kiln. I thought about it a couple of years ago but never got around to it. Before I left school I collected glass paperweights and dreamt of working for Caithness Glass. Now I know it's not quite the same but you have to start somewhere, don't you. 

My laptop has started to act up so I'm going to sign off now and watch Alcatraz.

Tomorrow I'll try and post some of the goodies I bought.

Big hugs
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen, hope you are doing well, great to see your photos from the SECC, the show always makes March and October months worthwhile! Purchased Lavinia stamps, need to post card pics on my blog, they aren't the best, but I enjoyed making them, no complaints. Nice to see your pic with Karen Lines, she absolutely brilliant and so nice! She like us though, blogs only kept up to date when we find time....! See you sonn, Anne T

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free counters