Wednesday 8 February 2012

Inkoholics anonymous

I thought that after doing my About Ink classes, I would try to reorganise my ink pads and make some of them more accessible. Why do things always get worse before they get better. I have created more mess and disorder than I thought was possible. And, alas, it feels like I'm no closer to sorting them than when I started!! The main problem was I had not appreciated just how many ink pads I had, 381 and counting. This of course doesn't include the "inks". You know the ones I mean, the ones you just had to have because the colours looked so fab and the techniques, if you could remember them all, were so cool!! The Alcohol Inks, Distress Stains, Distress Re-inkers, Smooch, Colorwash inks, Perfect Pearls Mists, Radiant Rain, Moon Glow mists, Glimmer Mists, Dylusions spray inks, Cosmic Shimmer mists, Rainbow Inks and several bottles of  something called Sticky Fingers spray inks. Then of course there are all those darned pens. Bet you know those ones too!! The entire (current) set of Copic Ciao Markers, Promarkers, Marvey Le Plumes, Krylon, all of the Sakura Glaze, Stardust and Souffle pens. Lets not forget the watercolour pencils either, or the Prisma Colour and the Derwent Coloursoft.

AND

The paints. All of the Distress dabbers, Paper Artsys Fresco paints, Kaiser colour and a selection of Deco Art, chalks, pastels and oil pastels. 

Given the amount of crafty chaos that has accumulated in my craft room, on the kitchen table and behind my chair, I have come to the conclusion that I have way too much stuff.  Now I know that my mum and Mr Perfect have been dropping hints along this line for quite some time but I can be pretty stubborn about facing up to the obvious sometimes.
 So I need a plan. It needs to be a BIG plan as it's a BIG mess. Any suggestions, (apart from hiring a skip), would be appreciated. 



Just to prove that there are one or two areas that are organised,



and some that aren't!!

Yesterday it was too nice to tidy so I just enjoyed the view instead.





Big hugs
Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free counters